Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Day Of Summer School!



Before I start with that, previous highlights:

-Marmee got back, and I managed to clean my room just enough to satisfy her. :D
-My cousins (from my dad's side) came over on Sunday. They watched these videos my brother and I made, in which we'd made fun of all of us. Ended up with Curry (this fat younger cousin of mine) leaving in a huff. Although he tried his best to keep a good mood. Oh well.
Also, they came into my room after a very long time. In fact, I don't think the guys have ever been in my room. And Chicky (other younger cousin--female) called Piggul (older cousin--who just shaved his head btw) 'potato dude'. It doesn't sound funny in English, but in my native language, it's hilarious enough to still get me laughing after almost two days.
Also, the guys stank. So I sprayed them with my worst cotton candy perfume. I'm eeeeevil. :D
-Texted Ego Boy yet again. Not much, really. I just wanted to tell him why I couldn't come. At first I thought of making up an excuse, but then--Oh wait. I did make an excuse, eventually. I told him I got called to the studio. 
I am such a chicken. 
Anyway. To that, he replied something like he knew how the music and show business went now that he was part of a band. And I said yes, but there's a difference. You chose to become part of a band.
I thought of writing a couple more sentences, but then I figured less is more. He didn't reply. Not that I was expecting him to. I'm wayy past being in 'damsel-in-distress' mode.
Now all I have to do is hope he understands that.

Now, on with my first day of summer school!

I had to reach the college at 7:45 am, and from there we'd be taken to the government school where we (as in me and my classmates) would teach for charity. As it turned out, I was ten minutes late, trademark-style; yet earlier than most of those lazy fools.
Then we had a briefing given us by our *principal*, Egg. (I SUCK at giving nicknames! Okay, okay, don't get me wrong. The guy I'm referring to has absolutely nothing to do with eggs. In fact he's basically a nice guy. I think. Anyway.)
So our mission for today: Each group of teachers (there are two/three teachers managing one class) takes one class. There are a total of 6 classes (I think). First, second and third grade. Level one, two and three. And each grade has two sections. Mine was Level 1, Section B.
After the assembly, we were allotted our kids and we took them to the classroom. This guy Zaire, and this girl Jay were with me. (I really, really need to think up some good nicknames.)
The problem with Hat was, he was too strict. Although he was keen on working really hard, and of course, it's good to have a guy around to maintain order. 




kid who threw up
girl who cried bc she didnt know english
ismail kid
kid who wouldn't leave mom
too-bright kids
hand sanitizer

No comments:

Post a Comment